- 00:01:56 What is Nostr?
- 00:03:24 State of development for Nostr
- 00:04:16 What attracted Jack to Nostr?
- 00:06:11 NVKs initial thoughts on Nostr
- 00:07:03 Nostr versus “competitors”
- 00:13:42 The simplicity of the Nostr protocol
- 00:18:00 How does Nostr work?
- 00:21:19 NIPs and maintaining Nostr
- 00:22:50 What is Nostr seeking to solve?
- 00:32:21 Nostr relationship with Bitcoin
- 00:43:10 Nostr use cases
- 01:11:14 Key management
- 01:17:16 Cryptography and encryption
- 01:19:40 Exploring unique use cases
- 01:24:12 Experimenting with new technology
- 01:25:17 Simplicity of Nostr and scaling applications
- 01:28:01 Micro apps and realising creative concpets
- 01:34:03 Scaling up and censorship resistance
- 01:40:03 How does Nostr win?
- 01:56:57 Final thoughts and what people can do to help Nostr
Notes & Resources
- usenostr - A small, concise nostr guide
- nostr.guide - A guide to all things nostr
- heynostr.com - Nostr explainer site that helps explain and introduce Nostr to new users
- How To Get Started With Nostr [Forbes]
- André Neves: Set up your very own #nostr relay server in under 5 minutes
- Scaling Nostr via Open Caching Services by Miljan
- How to build a nostr gm bot (without writing any code) by Gigi
- How to setup NIP5 verification using Github Pages by NVK
- A small minimal guide on setting up NIP-05 identifier on branle/nostr [metasikander]
- What Is Nostr and How Do I Use It? by Walker V.
- What is Nostr, and how to start using Nostr by Vishal
- Nostr, an Introduction by Greg Heartsfield
- Nostr Newcomers Most Common Questions and Answers by pitiunited
- Why Nostr Matters by Jameson Lopp
- The Nostr podcast - All the new projects, all the new cool stuff, all the new NIPs, it’s all here. Once a week.
- Nostr Talks
- No Strings - A Nostr Show
- Bitcoin Review Podcast BR018 - Nostr Deep Dive Panel with NVK ft. Jack Dorsey, Fiatjaf & William Casarin
- Lightning Tidbits 769571 - fiatjaf talks nostr with André Neves
- CD63 - building nostr, a censorship resistant alternative to twitter ft. fiatjaf, jb55, and kukks, hosted by ODELL
- BA691 - A Native Protocol for Social Media by jack on Bitcoin Audible
- BTC111 - Decentralized Social Media & Bitcoin with jb55 on Preston Pysh/The Investors Podcast
- nashboard - A Nostr network dashboard with network statistics
- nostr.io - Network statistics with last published notes, top 50 publishers, and top 50 followed users
- nostr.band - Nostr Real Time Statistics
- nostr telegram group - a telegram group for nostr protocol discussion
- nostr español/spanish telegram group - A spanish telegram group for nostr
- nostr reddit - a subreddit for nostr related discussion
- nostr discord - a discord server for nostr enthusiasts and developers
I’m ready, where do I get started?
- Damus https://damus.io
- Amethyst https://github.com/vitorpamplona/amethyst
- Nostros https://github.com/KoalaSat/nostros
- Web Clients (for web clients use the getAlby.com browser extension):
Initial people to follow:
Find people to follow from twitter:
How to upload images:
- https://nostr.build/ and post an URL link.
- https://Imgur.com copy the img url and post it
How do I get verified with NIP5:
More information for the rabbit hole:
Dev? Nostr work bounties:
Episode submission ideas
- We’re looking for ideas for interesting panel conversations. To send Bitcoin related questions, just go to bitcoin.review and follow the contact links at the bottom of the page.
Get in touch with the pod
Did I get anything wrong above? Help me correct it firstname.lastname@example.org