Bitcoin Review Podcast BR018 - Nostr Deep Dive Panel with NVK ft. Jack Dorsey, Fiatjaf & William Casarin
I’m joined by guests Jack Dorsey, Fiatjaf and William Casarin to discuss Nostr.
- 00:01:56 What is Nostr?
- 00:03:24 State of development for Nostr
- 00:04:16 What attracted Jack to Nostr?
- 00:06:11 NVKs initial thoughts on Nostr
- 00:07:03 Nostr versus “competitors”
- 00:13:42 The simplicity of the Nostr protocol
- 00:18:00 How does Nostr work?
- 00:21:19 NIPs and maintaining Nostr
- 00:22:50 What is Nostr seeking to solve?
- 00:32:21 Nostr relationship with Bitcoin
- 00:43:10 Nostr use cases
- 01:11:14 Key management
- 01:17:16 Cryptography and encryption
- 01:19:40 Exploring unique use cases
- 01:24:12 Experimenting with new technology
- 01:25:17 Simplicity of Nostr and scaling applications
- 01:28:01 Micro apps and realising creative concpets
- 01:34:03 Scaling up and censorship resistance
- 01:40:03 How does Nostr win?
- 01:56:57 Final thoughts and what people can do to help Nostr
I’m ready, where do I get started?
- Damus https://damus.io
- Amethyst https://github.com/vitorpamplona/amethyst
- Nostros https://github.com/KoalaSat/nostros
- Web Clients (for web clients use the getAlby.com browser extension):
Initial people to follow:
Find people to follow from twitter:
How to upload images:
- https://nostr.build/ and post an URL link.
- https://Imgur.com copy the img url and post it
How do I get verified with NIP5:
More information for the rabbit hole:
Dev? Nostr work bounties:
Episode submission ideas
- We’re looking for ideas for interesting panel conversations. To send Bitcoin related questions, just go to bitcoin.review and follow the contact links at the bottom of the page.
Get in touch with the pod
- Podcast Twitter
- NVK Twitter
- Nostr & LN ⚡email@example.com (not an email!)
Did I get anything wrong above? Help me correct it firstname.lastname@example.org