Bitcoin Review Podcast BR025 - Demystifying and Understanding Bitcoin Core Development ft. Sjors, Schmidty & James O'Beirne
I’m joined by guests Sjors Provoost, James O’Beirne & Mike Schmidt to discuss Bitcoin Core development.
- 00:00:52 Guest introductions
- 00:07:48 The beginning of Bitcoin development
- 00:12:08 Modern Bitcoin development
- 00:12:57 The process for making basic changes to Bitcoin
- 00:23:35 Who decides what gets worked on?
- 00:39:05 Who chooses what gets merged?
- 00:46:31 BIPs
- 01:00:03 Is Github centralisation a risk?
- 01:05:27 Activation methods
- 01:28:30 Improving Bitcoin development and visibility/perception of development
- 01:49:35 Audience questions
Notes & Resources
- Bitcoin Github Repo
- Bitcoin Optech Newsletter
- Contributing to Bitcoin Core
- Bitcoin: A Work in Progress book by Sjors Provoost
- Bitcoin, Explained podcast by Sjors Provoost
Episode submission ideas
- We’re looking for ideas for interesting panel conversations. To send Bitcoin related questions, just go to bitcoin.review and follow the contact links at the bottom of the page.
Get in touch with the pod
- Podcast Twitter
- NVK Twitter
- Nostr & LN ⚡firstname.lastname@example.org (not an email!)
Did I get anything wrong above? Help me correct it email@example.com